Toijala Works KURO is a truly new product developed from clean sheet and implementing the newest technologies as well as features supporting ergonomics, ease of use and maintenance. LINK was responsible for the industrial design, user interface and user experience design of the machine. A completely new cabin was developed for KURO. This resulted in the concept of adjustable mounting locations for practically everything in the cabin significantly increasing operating comfort. In addition, novel operating devices were introduced to reduce arm and back injuries. The new concept features unobstructed access to all key components for quick maintenance and repair. The outer design of KURO emphasizes modern look of the machine and renewed TW brand.
- Industrial design for exterior and interior parts including controllers, cabin interior and exterior parts
- User experience studies and cabin prototyping
- Patented solution for cabin interior component attachment points
- Graphical user interface design for touch screen
- Visualizations and animation to support sales and marketing